The flexibility of our body is very essential for all of us, particularly for those people of older years. Flexibility is what allows us to move our muscles freely without exerting too much effort. This is your natural body feature that allows you to dance, bend, stretch and do a lot of other things. A good flexibility also lessens the chances of occurrences of accidents and injuries.
However, there is this certain stage in our life that we all need to face where our flexibility soon starts to fading away. You see, as we age, our body is losing some important nutrients that make our bones and muscles go weak. There is nothing you can do about aging, but at least you can maintain your body’s flexibility with the help of yoga poses.
Yoga workouts are proven effective in keeping the good posture of your body through times. Yoga exercises are probably one of the oldest known fitness workouts in the world. In fact, yoga experts claimed that yoga disciple had been into our fitness industries for around five thousand years ago and yet more and more people are turning into yoga as their primary exercises to keep them is shape.
Here are some of yoga exercise you can do to develop better body flexibility:
- Lateral Trunk Bending- Put your hands behind your head, spread your legs and stand straight. Then, start to lean forward to make your right elbow touch your left knee. This is what makes your trunk rotates. Go back to your original position and perform the same procedure with your other elbow.
- Spine Extension Exercise- You will need to stand straight with your feet close together and both hands raised straight up. Then, move one of your legs one steps forward while you move your upper body and head backward simultaneously. Return to your starting position and repeat the same process with your other leg.
- Neck Stretch Exercise- This is actually one of the most basic exercises of yoga workouts. In your resting position, you just need to place your arms at the sides of your body. Then, slowly turn your head around towards one direction. Hold it for some moment and then turn your head to the other side. Repeat this step for 3-4 times.
Incoming search terms:
- yoga images
- exercises to make you more flexible
- some exercise yoga with
- flexibility exercises
- yoga flexibility
- flexibility yoga
- yoga poses to make you flexible
- does bikram yoga make you more flexible